I have a total hysterectomy almost 20 years ago. Do I still need pap smears & what almost cervical cancer?
If a hysterectomy be performed for a cancer, later it would be mandatory to have ongoing “vaginal vault” pap smears resourcefully into the future.
One must also remember that even though a total hysterectomy technically funds the cervix is also removed, it is remotely feasible that some endocervical cell may remain in the area of the vaginal basement. It is recognised that in some cases, vaginal basement smears can produce cellular evidence of glandular cells i.e. endocervical cell. Therefore, technically it is still possible to have the potential for nouns of neoplastic lesions surrounded by a vaginal vault. This is especially so if sexual leisure persists or if near was ever a record HPV or neoplastic lesion in the forgiving prior to the hysterectomy.
Hence continued pap smears of the vaginal vault would be prudent.
- I'm 16 years old and i still haven't had my period, whats wrong with me?
- What is the best tampon brand.?
- I tried to have sex and had to stop because it hurt so much and i am scared to try again help?
- Do you shave down in attendance??!!?
- Does steam effect the pill?
- Period oblige?
- I get my term a wk untimely and it last 2 days and go away for 2 days and come rear what does it propose?