I was diagnosed with an under-active thyroid contained by 2004 and was also told by my doctor that I was Peri-menopausal. My period were irregular at the time,but stopped completely in september 2005. I enjoy had no symptoms to speak of except some minor flushes. My question is hold I gone through the menopause or what exactly, i am not sure. Thanks in advance for your answers.
Menopause and duration?
* Changes in the menstrual interval - variation in flow or within the amount of time between periods.
* Hot flashes or hot flushes - sudden, and sometimes intense, heat within the face, neck and chest.
* Night sweats and sleeping problems that can head to feeling tired, stressed or tense.
* Vaginal change - the vagina may become dry and thin; for some women sex may become painful.
* Thinning of the bones, which may front to loss of height and bone breaks (osteoporosis).
A woman has reach menopause when she has not had a extent for 12 months in a row. In some women, the hot flashes never seem to travel away, but then again, 10% of younger, pre-menopausal women also have hot flashes.
Part of the problem of continued hot flashes may simply be an increased awareness of them, in particular after going through the hard part of menopause when hot flashes be frequent. And certainly, our American culture encourages us to dread any sign of growing elder.
There are other causes of hot flashes, too, including some medications, infections and hyperthyroidism. If you own other symptoms that don't fit with those typical of menopause, you may want to talk to your doctor.
Female personal ask?
Menstrual Cycle and fertility?